This policy sets out how the Australian Livestock Export Corporation Ltd (LiveCorp) ABN 88 082 408 740 collects personal information. It also describes how LiveCorp holds, uses and discloses personal information. LiveCorp is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended, which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals.
By visiting LiveCorp’s website or providing LiveCorp with your personal information, you consent to your personal information being collected, stored, used and disclosed as set out in this policy, and as otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act.
By providing personal information to LiveCorp about any other person, you agree that:
- you have made that person aware of the matters of which they are entitled to be made aware under the Privacy Act or the Privacy Principles contemplated by the Privacy Act;
- LiveCorp may contact that person without notifying you; and
- LiveCorp may disclose to that person your identity, and the fact that you have disclosed personal information about that person to LiveCorp.
Types of personal information collected
The personal information which LiveCorp collects and holds will depend on the nature of your interaction with us but generally includes your name, contact details (such as your phone number, address and email address) and general information about your livestock and business operations. It may also include bank details, dietary requirements or information from your résumé if we require these details for an event or for responding to a job application. We will ordinarily identify at the time of collecting your personal information which specific types of information we require to facilitate your interaction with LiveCorp.
You may be able to deal with LiveCorp without identifying yourself (i.e. anonymously or by using a pseudonym) in certain circumstances, such as when you make a general enquiry about LiveCorp or its programs. If you wish to do so, please contact us to find out if this is practicable in your circumstances.
Method of collection of personal information
LiveCorp generally only collects personal information if you choose to provide it yourself, for example in person, over the telephone, by post or email, via LiveCorp's website, when you use LiveCorp's services and applications (for example, LIVEXCollect), or by completing online or hard copy forms. However, there may be occasions when LiveCorp collects your personal information from someone else, such as when we engage a third party to assist us with sponsorships, training programs, events, surveys, research or when we jointly conduct a program or event with other Research and Development Corporations or consultants.
We may collect your personal information from third parties, including from a publicly available source (where it is unreasonable or impracticable to obtain information directly from you), or your employer (if your employer is a member, supplier or business contact).
You do not have to provide your personal information to LiveCorp but, if you do not provide the information requested, LiveCorp may not be able to manage your membership or provide you with its services.
Using our website
There are many aspects of our website which can be viewed without providing personal information. For example, each time you use our website, we collect information about the browsing session including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the site, page access times and referring website address. This information is only used internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic and trends and helping keep continuity as you navigate to different pages within the site. LiveCorp uses this information on an anonymous basis and does not use it to personally identify you.
However, for access to support features for eligible industry members, you are required to provide personal information. This may include, but is not limited to, a unique username and password, your name, contact details and records of your dealings with us. When logged in as an eligible industry member, in addition to the information with respect to your browsing described above, we may also collect information by which we can identify the pages of our website that you visit, what you download from the website and how often you visit the website. We may use this information to improve our website, products or services.
Purposes for handling personal information
LiveCorp uses the personal information that it collects for the purposes for which it was provided to LiveCorp, to carry out LiveCorp’s business purposes (which are detailed generally on the website, www.livecorp.com.au
), to fulfil its legal obligations, other related purposes or as permitted or required by law. Where LiveCorp documents request personal information, LiveCorp will state the general purposes for its use and to whom it may be disclosed, and the main consequences, if any, if the information is not provided. LiveCorp’s general purposes may include:
- providing services that you have requested and responding to your enquiries (including user support services related to our website);
- administering LiveCorp's programs and dealing with stakeholders;
- enabling your use of LiveCorp's services and applications (for example, LIVEXCollect) and to provide you with the information, support and services offered thereby;
- keeping LiveCorp's members, exporters and relevant members of the public informed of LiveCorp’s business, the services that it provides and issues relating to the livestock export industry;
- conducting specific projects in which you have chosen to participate;
- to assess your application for employment;
- administering events;
- managing your membership with LiveCorp; and
- to provide you with information and updates about our services, and any activities or events which may be of interest to you (if you have consented to receiving this). If LiveCorp is notified that a person does not wish to receive such information, it will not send it to that person. This does not apply to information that we are legally required to send.
Disclosure of personal information
Generally, LiveCorp will obtain consent before it discloses any personal information other than as specified in this policy or as notified to you at the time of collection. Such consent may be given expressly or it may be implied by conduct.
Some of the information that you provide to us will be published in documents or databases that will be readily accessible to the public or made available to the public on request. This includes information contained in the register of members.
Depending on the service, your personal information may be disclosed to:
- LiveCorp's related entities and representatives for the purpose of LiveCorp’s business only;
- external service providers (on a confidential basis and such service providers will be limited in their use of the information to the purpose of LiveCorp’s business only);
- Eligible industry members via support features for eligible industry members when logged in to view the industry-only content on LiveCorp's website;
- specialist advisers to LiveCorp who have been engaged to provide LiveCorp with legal, administrative, financial, insurance, research, marketing, consulting, or other services;
- training and development organisations we have partnered with, if you have enrolled in any of our training and development programs;
- government and regulatory authorities, and other parties where required or permitted by law;
- your referees (if you have applied for employment with us); and
- any other person authorised, implicitly or expressly, when the personal information is provided to or collected by LiveCorp.
We contract with other companies such as data processors and service providers, some of which are located in the United States. As such, your personal information may be provided to those third parties for purposes that include data storage and the use of cloud based enterprise resource management.
Where we disclose your personal information to parties located overseas, we take reasonable steps to ensure that those parties will handle the personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Those organisations and individuals will be given access only to the personal information necessary for the relevant purpose. LiveCorp takes all reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations and individuals are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Security of personal information
The security of information we collect is very important to us. We have implemented protection such as access controls to our premises, and internet firewalls and account based controls on electronic data we hold. Personnel can only access information needed to perform their duties. These measures are designed to protect the information we hold from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
LiveCorp will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information it holds if it is no longer needed for LiveCorp's business purposes and it is permissible by law to do so.
LiveCorp does not generally collect any sensitive information as that term is used in the privacy legislation (including information relating to racial or ethnic origin, membership of political bodies, religion or trade unions, sexual preferences or activities, criminal record, state of health or medical history). LiveCorp will only collect sensitive information where required by law or with consent. If LiveCorp holds any sensitive personal information, that information will only be used and disclosed by LiveCorp for the purpose for which it was provided.
If LiveCorp asks for sensitive information, LiveCorp will explain the reason for this.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a right to request access to your personal information. In some cases, the law allows us to refuse a request (such as if it would affect the privacy of someone else). We will tell you the reason if we do not provide access to your information. You may also request corrections to personal information that we hold if you believe that the information is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading.
Please let us know by calling or emailing us on the contact details provided below. We may request that you put your request in writing for security reasons.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about the way in which we have handled your personal information under the Australian Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), please contact us on the below contact details. You will need to provide sufficient details regarding your complaint as well as any supporting evidence and information.
If you have raised a complaint, we usually respond in writing within 28 days, although we may need to ask you for more information to consider your complaint. If a complaint will take longer than 28 days to investigate, we will let you know the likely time for our response. We will notify you in writing of the outcome of the investigation. If you are not satisfied with LiveCorp's determination, you can contact LiveCorp to discuss your concerns or contact the Australian Privacy Commissioner via www.oaic.gov.au.
LiveCorp may amend this policy from time to time, and the amended policy will be published on LiveCorp’s website. Please review LiveCorp's website periodically for changes to this policy. Your continued use of LiveCorp's website or services or provision of further personal information to LiveCorp once this policy has been amended constitutes your acceptance of the amended policy.
Call: (02) 9929 6755
Email: [email protected]
Last updated: 24 June 2020